Saturday, June 21, 2008

Around LES









Saturday was National Go Skateboarding Day, worldwide apparently.  I went down to the official starting area - the Banks, which are located under the Brooklyn Bridge at Pearl Street.  There were thousands of skateboarders, mostly teenagers younger than me.  I felt a little out of place, but managed to blend in fairly well.  A baseball cap will almost always disguise your true age.  


I left after the second stop, at Coleman Playground, and skated through Chinatown on my way home.  At times, you wouldn't even think you were in New York.  I went long periods of time without seeing any signs in English.  The chinese pagoda was particularly interesting.


1 comments:

Unknown June 30, 2008 at 12:01 PM  

these photos are so gay!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP