Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter



Originally uploaded by JGerbs38

It snowed yesterday... a lot. I feel a little guilty because the other night at an unofficial holiday party, I was counseling the new chief curator and his wife about New York winters. They asked me about the snow, and whether it stuck. I frowned, and replied that it's really too warm in Manhattan for any snow to stick the pavement. Well, I was wrong. Thankfully, Martin and Sonam are from Switzerland and Tibet respectively, and are at least mentally (if not materially) prepared for the winter.

I took this shot while leaning out my bathroom window. That's my superintendent salting the sidewalk. Not 5 minutes after this picture was taken, he looked up and saw me standing on the fire escape outside my bedroom window in my pajamas, with my camera. Am I as crazy as I look?

1 comments:

Unknown December 21, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

It looks like an Alfred Hitchcock still because of the bird's eye view

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP